Wednesday, November 22, 2006


So, I'm doing a rare thing the other day, watching TV. I'm watching a docudrama on Mt. Everest. I'm getting more and more disgusted at the "climbers" who so adamantly state they've "climbed" Everest, how tough it is, the whining, the breaking down, blah, blah, blah, when all they've actually done is pull their pale butts up a rope that's been placed by sherpas, all the while sucking oxygen from gas cylinders carried up there by sherpas, eating food and sleeping in tents that are placed there by, you guessed it, sherpas. These guides die regularly, it's seen as no more of a problem than having a mule keel over. The show is focusing on the emotional challenges and triumphs of the men. I ended up turning it off. Might as well been Oprah or Dr. Phil. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home