Friday, August 04, 2006


Kazaa is Dead.


After valiantly holding both fingers in the air for so long against the "man", Kazaa is finally getting beaten down by massive fines levied against it from recording companies from around the world.



I'd noticed my searches and downloads were taking significantly longer than usual this last month or so, seems I'll have to find another way to get the music I want. What the record companies don't seem to understand is I will NOT pay for a whole album when I only want a song. I will NOT pay for a song unless I REALLY like it....( and I don't really like the majority of mainstream music) . The fact that I have a huge music collection in no way denotes my willingness to pay for a huge music collection, I'll simply opt out.

RIAA and it's co-conspirators are seeing a paradigm shift, they're knee-jerking so much there's soon going to be a seizure. Their cash cow has left. Think about your "image" of a record executive in the 80's/90's..greasy, sleazy, more money than brains and a job that required basically no talent other than having no moral objection to being a remora. Mixed metaphor, I know. Now they have to find something else to suck the cash from. Like grandmothers and little kids.

Here's the blurb...

"LONDON (Reuters)
Thu Jul 27, 2006

The music industry has reached a legal settlement with its long-time antagonist Kazaa, one of the world's best known file-sharing networks and a long-time source of illicit music and movie downloads.

Under terms of the deal, Kazaa's owner Sharman Networks will pay the world's four major music companies -- Universal Music, Sony BMG, EMI and Warner Music -- more than $100 million (53.7 million pounds) and commit to immediately going legit, the music industry trade group International Federation of the Phonographic Industry said.

"There are very substantial damages being paid -- in excess of $100 million -- and Kazaa will go legal immediately. They've had time to prepare for this," said IFPI Chairman and Chief Executive John Kennedy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home