Sunday, May 07, 2006



I've always LOVED the look of Cobras. Small, muscular, powerful, agressive, uncompromising driving toys.
There are many replica makers out there, most building "better than original" examples by using current tech instead of the concours 60's era designs.
Apparently, they're popular in Germany as well, there's a replicar company there called Weineck Engineering that takes great pride in building beautiful 427 style cobras.





This one is called the Ultimate... and it deserves the name. 12.9 l V8 ( that's 780 CI!!). 1100 hp. 1300ft/lb. Those are insane numbers. The "traditional" supercars, like the Ferraris and Lamborghinis make less than 700hp.





A lower profile hood scoop would look MUCH better to me, but impact is what I think the guys were going for. The only performance stat I could find is 0-300km/hr( 186mph - which is, coincidentally, the agreed upon top speed limit for motorcycles.)
The time - 10 seconds. They're only making 15 of these, but I think that if you have the cash and the money to finance keeping the gas tank full, I'll bet they'll make you one.





Some links...

The Manufacturer

A review with pics

Topspeed's Blurb