Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Callie Rogers broke after lotto spending spree



A woman who won over £1.9 million ($3.67 million) as a teenager says she never should have been allowed to spend her fortune at such a young age.

Callie Rogers, 22, won the lottery when she was 16 years old and proceeded to go on a "never-ending spending spree".

The second-youngest British person to win lotto spent the money on booze, two boob jobs and almost $500,000 of cocaine.

About $400,000 was spent on a family holiday while a large amount was also spent on a string on boyfriends.

When she won the million-dollar prize, she was earning almost $7 as a shelf stacker for her local supermarket. Now she lives at home with her mum.

"I honestly wish I'd never won the lottery money - and knowing what I know now I should have just given it all back to them.”

"I was just too young to cope with suddenly having that amount in the bank when I'd come from nothing.

"In the past six years I've sunk into a black hole - a black hole that at one point I thought I could never crawl out of.”

The lowest point was when she came close to committing suicide after dating a drug dealer in 2008.

"I honestly just felt so low I thought in death I'd find a safer happier place," she said.

Source

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home