Thursday, May 22, 2008

Had today off, was finally feeling recuperated from my time in Vegas, decided to go for a ride. Mt. St. Helens was to be the destination. I posted up on the local riders board and emailed a few friends.

Rolled past my buddy's place just as he was rolling out to meet me, we headed to the rendezvous point, but we were to be the only riders today. Off we went, down I5 south, mincing with traffic. A state trooper held us up for a while, he was sitting in the commuter lane as a huge clump of cars bunched up behind him. Nice. He finally turned off, traffic regained normal speed, and off we went.

Reached the second place, refuelled, and were enjoying a snack when a black zx10r pulls in. A buddy I worked with had emailed me and said he was buying a bike.

That makes three - a R1, and two black zx10r's. The sun was being coy....

Cruised up through the cold fog bands to Johnston observatory, no pics of the climb...cold and foggy about covers it....
The majesty that is Mt. St. Helens....
Not so much, not a good day for visibility. My riding buds strike a pose.....
Now me. I'm having a great day!!
Just a bit of snow remains....
What are we doing here?
Foggy riding...
With a few sun breaks. The colours in this pic are so surreal...
Typical fog section...creeping along, wiping your visor, watching cars appear unannounced in the oncoming lane...
Getting lighter....
Visor-wipe (TM)...
The boys....
Must... clean... bike....

We said goodbye to the other zx10r, as he had to work tonight. Now a duo, we cruised through Morton, Elbe, Eatonville, Orting, Then returned to Seattle via I5's bridge across Lake Washingon. 500 miles or so. Great way to spend a day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home