Sunday, March 09, 2008



O.K., a rant. Phone Books.

Every once in a while, I step outside. Occasionally, I realize
there's a parcel on my doorstep.

Usually a trinket for one of my motorcycles, but every once in a
while, there's 10 pounds of useless paper sitting there. Protected in
a double plastic cover, no less. The "new" edition of your local
phone book(s).

Does anyone ever use these anymore? Other than to light a fireplace, I mean.

With all the lip service given to "going green", and reducing waste,
this seems like a blatant waste of resources.

If you're reading this right now, you have available all the info on
those pages and more. They're OBSELETE. For those who resolutely stick to the dark ages
and need a book to obtain the number to their rotary dial phone
repairman, why not have those people call to request a book.

Save trees, stop me from tossing away big books every few months.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home