Friday, March 07, 2008



Habanero peppers and hoo-has

Like a scene out of a bad teen movie, I had the extreme misfortune of finding out just how badly habanero peppers burn on girl-parts.

You hear about it from that one friend that you think might have a little brain damage. You know, the friend that, while they're mostly functional, you could still see ending up on a Youtube posting, being dragged away by authorities in an adult diaper and flailing a tennis racket that they were using to direct traffic. You think, how in the HELL did you not see that coming? Like a scene out of bad teen movie, I had the extreme misfortune to find out just how badly habanero peppers burn on girl-parts.

My boyfriend and I made turkey burgers, and the last time we cooked them, they were a little bland. Both of us being fans of spicy food, and he, being fairly creative in the kitchen, threw out the idea of habanero peppers, instead of just red peppers, going into the burgers. I played prep cook, chopping up the onion, red pepper and part of the first habanero. I decided to leave the rest of the devil pepper up to him though, since he has a better grasp of how much is too much. Dinner was great, I do need to clarify that.

However; let me say this very clearly: NBC's "The More You Know" PSA's have nothing on this warning: Repeated hand-washing does not mean your skin has been sufficiently scoured of the hellish-burning-std like infection that comes from mixing contact with Habenero peppers and vagina.

I won't torment you, dear reader, with too many details. After all, I have family members reading this blog. I will say that if you want an approximate idea of the sensation, imagine taking sand paper, setting it on fire and applying it to your genitals. After said sand paper is applied, be sure to rub a healthy layer of kosher salt into your open wounds, then be sure to rinse it off with hydrochloric acid.

Fortunately, no hospital visitation was required. Lots of cold water and awkward, potty-dance-like movements were involved, along with repeated apologies on behalf of my boyfriend. I don't fault him-- neither of us thought very far ahead, and besides, he had washed his hands! Evil, tricky little habanero pepper. Making us think soap and water could defeat you so easily! I know my foe now, and have learned from my mistakes. Now does anyone have suggestions on how to exact revenge on a pepper?



Source

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home