Sunday, January 13, 2008

Today was an uncharacteristically beautiful day here in Seattle. I awoke in the dark, got to the gym, and by 10 am I was walking out squinting in the sun, eyes unaccustomed to the brightness.

"I'll go for a motorcycle ride!", I thought. Got home, geared up, and checked the local riders board pnwriders.com on a whim to see if anyone else had the same notion.

Someone had. I decided I would check it out if I made the "kickstands up" time. I did. And apparently a lot of riders had the same idea. 30 bikes lined up in the lot.



We got going, and, as big groups do, got disconnected and chaotic. Oh well. Everyone got to where they needed to. Plus, I was on my bike, the sun was shining, I was a happy guy.

At the next gas stop, we broke up into groups, trying to keep it more organized.

I started in the fast group, got out and moving pretty well, when our way was blocked by a harley bagger that wouldn't let us through. He almost ran off the road trying to show us how fast he was, though, and then decided to let us on by.

Wicked it back up, and shortly came upon a fallen rider. She went too hot into a wet gravelly tight right hander on her Vlx 600, and simply lowsided. All she was complaining of was leg pain, where the pipes had laid on her.

Two firefighter/EMT's, an EMT instructor(first on scene), and me ( I was a paramedic in Canada) were all on scene. She seemed fine, talking and with it. Nice to see everyone pitch in with traffic duty and assistance.

Got to Deception Pass, where everyone was chilling (literally).

At the pass, I was watching the watch, thinking about getting home before dark, and made the decision to head for home

Five of us split off to run south and take the ferry back.

Minimal traffic, long straights, we made great time. Moving, grooving, wheelieing, high speed fun. Almost made up for the confusion at the start.




Thanks to the organizer, and nice to meet some new folks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you didn't thinkto call me. I'm hurt...

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home