Friday, August 24, 2007

I need new sportbike tires. On my Valkyrie I got about 10000 miles from a decent set of tires, I'm getting less than 5000 on the ZX10r. Since I ride on the street, I always leave a little spare grip in reserve in case of the unexpected, so I don't use all the potential in a set of the Michelin pilot powers I have fitted now.



Michelin Pilot Roads are sport touring tires, higher mileage at the expense of grip. I don't know if I want to go down this road, though, as I do need grip in the twisties.

There's an answer. Pilot Road 2's use dual compound rubber, harder in the middle, and softer on the sides, for straight line mileage and grip in the corners... I'll let Nicky Hayden explain...





Too bad they aren't available in the U.S. - yet.



Come on Michelin, bring them to the market.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Thalassa said...

unless i'm totally smoking crack, my friend kelly has these on his sportbike. i'll see if i can confirm. if they're not michelin, they incorporate the exact same dual compound rubber concept.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Thalassa said...

he does have these. michelin pilot with dual-compound rubber on his cbr 1000 in dallas, tx.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home