Thursday, June 07, 2007

OK, a somber note. I just realized a guy in my local Valkyrie motorcycle club died. His bike crossed the centerline and the oncoming semi swerved to avoid, but ended up hitting the bike. I was torn about putting up the pics, but they show the consequences and dangers of the sport we love. To tell the truth, I'd rather die on my bike than basically anywhere else. To K.C.

The news report....

Troopers on scene tell KREM 2 NEWS that the motorcyclist killed in a collision with a semi truck crossed the centerline from the northbound lanes into the southbound lanes. The semi truck driver attempted to avoid the oncoming motorcycle but was unable. It is unknown why the motorcyclist crossed the line, but troopers believe he may have either fallen asleep or suffered from a medical condition while riding. The cyclist is from Bothell, and was travelling with a friend who was a few miles ahead of him at the time of the collision.




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vik Rajagopalan said...

Ouch. that is such a bad one. I hope his soul rests in peace.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home