Friday, March 09, 2007

So, on a rare sunny day here in a typical Seattle spring, I hopped on my bike. Cruised through some backroads, enjoying the warmth and dry traction. Unfortunately, I had neglected to turn the petcock on my gas tank to the correct position, and ran out of gas.
To those who don't ride, most bikes don't have gas gauges, they rely on a "reserve" in the tank itself...i.e. when your engine starts to sputter, you turn the petcock valve to "reserve", which gives you 1/2-1 gallon of gas to find a station. The flaw in this system is the fact that you have to remember to turn the petcock switch back to "on" when you fill up, otherwise you run on "reserve" until the bike sputters and dies, as you've now run completely out of gas. This is exactly what I did.

I called my wife, who's rescued me from the exact circumstances before, to bring me some fuel. She, being wonderful, did.

Driving home, I noticed this car....



I really hope she's a gym teacher and not an unfortunate soul who ran out of space.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home