Thursday, September 07, 2006

Finally made it to the wear bars on my Avons Venoms, the best tires for handling available on a Valkyrie, had these Bridgestone BT 020's waiting in the wings. 200 series rear( OEM size for a Kawasaki Vulcan 2000), and a 120 front. Stock is a 160.

Popped them on today, wow... back to the power steering feel. The turning is light, it changes direction much more readily, even with the fat 200 out back.

Not expecting much in the way of mileage, especially the front as the valk tends to push the front when worked hard...but it'll be a fun experiment.

Don't know if I like the look or not, maybe it'll grow on me...

Riding from Seattle to Tahoe and back Sept 18th-26th, should have miles under the belts by then.

37,500 on the clock...begin experiment.






Stay tuned for full review as they get thinner.

Was just looking at these pics and thinking how many changes I've made to make this bike My bike. The bottom two images are from 2004, and I'd already started with the modifications.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home