Wednesday, April 12, 2006





Mountain bikes, if you haven't
been following the evolution, are now pretty sophisticated,
allowing you to hurt yourself in a multitude of ways, but even
more amazing, to accomplish feats and challenges that would
usually put you in the hospital.

You can select bikes which have up to 12 inches of travel on
both ends, or go light and fast with a crosscountry race
machine that weighs less than 20 lbs. Or choose from the
multitude of combinations and permutations between that fit
your definition of the perfect set of wheels. Hydraulic disc
brakes, 27 gears, 3 inch wide tires, tubeless rims, ceramic
matrix frames...tech has reached the bicycle.

I love mountainbiking, I've broken more that my share of
frames before I found what I needed to keep me on two
wheels... a titanium Cove Hummer.


I found this was the bike for me through an exhaustive
search of the database at MTBR.com
, a huge cache of info. about all things pedal powered.


While on Mtbr one day several years ago, I came across
the postings of a passionate, acerbic guy who goes by
Pete Fagerlin. He's well travelled, articulate, and a
skilled rider, too.


He has his own site, chronicalling his exploits and adventures
from the last 4-5 years, it's rich with pics, video, and
well-written narrative.


All the images on your right are harvested from his
site,
you should Click Here
to go see some of it for yourself.


If you're planning on going to one of these areas,
the many helmetcam videos are particularly tasty
and informative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home